Affiliate Disclosure: Hey! By the way… any links on this page that lead to products on Amazon or any other merchant site, are affiliate links and I get paid a commission if you purchase. These commissions will never come at a cost to yourself.
We have previously discussed how you can connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to playback the same sound at the same time. In today’s article, it will be how to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to PC. These two actions may seem the same, but, some things are different.
The continuous revolutions of technology have led to various handy gadgets, apps, solutions, etc. which help to make life easier for us all.
Before now, traditional (wired speakers) were the trend, but, today, everybody is switching to wireless gradually. The common wireless speaker type you will see is Bluetooth speakers.
These speakers are typically more portable than wired speakers and still provide good sound output as expected.
Bluetooth speakers are also very easy to set up as you won’t have to battle out with different wires trying to figure out where they’d be connected to your sound system or computer.
Before we continue with this topic, let’s understand the real technology behind connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers to a PC or any device.
First of all, you should know this; Bluetooth devices connect to each other in what is called a master-slave relationship or connection.
In this case, one Bluetooth device is the master, while the other one is the slave.
You might also like:
- Guide to Polk audio surround sound setup
- How you can use a soundbar with a PC
- Bluetooth speakers with auxiliary output
- Tips on how to connect aux cable to speakers
- Bluetooth Computer Speakers Reviewed!!!
- The best tower speakers surround sound systems
- How to place bipolar surround speakers in a room
However, there can be up to 7 slaves connected to a master Bluetooth device; the master device now sends sound or information to the slave devices, and they will all function at the same time.
In light of the information above, your computer (desktop, laptop, or MacBook) can be connected to multiple Bluetooth speakers at a time; this is called “Piconet.”
Piconet is the connection of multiple Bluetooth devices to function as one. However, most things must be in place for this connection to work properly. Sure you want to learn a lot of new words/terminologies? Read on.
Which Bluetooth spec allows for multiple device connection
Now, we are in Bluetooth 5 which is the latest spec of this wireless technology. Depending on the Bluetooth spec, there are various limits to how you can connect devices together, and as you may guess, the procedure for connecting multiple Bluetooth devices is more comfortable if the spec is higher. We will talk quite a lot about Bluetooth specs.
Earlier specs or rather versions of Bluetooth only allow you to connect slave devices to a piconet at a time.
However, the coming in of Bluetooth 4.1 (some years ago) made way for many innovations to the Bluetooth wireless technology; thus, you can connect a slave device two piconets at once.
There is, however, a limit to the number of Bluetooth devices you can connect at a time, and this depends on the settings on the master device.
The general factor that can affect the connection of multiple Bluetooth devices is the Bluetooth version (spec).
Nevertheless, almost all recent Bluetooth speaker devices are designed with at least Bluetooth 4.1 technology; therefore, you can connect more than one Bluetooth speaker to your computer.
A quick glance of the best portable Bluetooth speakers to use on PC and Mac
How to connect your speakers to a MacBook or Windows laptop using Bluetooth
This tutorial will serve for Windows (Desktop and laptop), as well as MacBook. The processes may look similar, but they are really different.
Connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to Windows PC
Everything starts by you paring up the Bluetooth speakers with your PC. Pairing Bluetooth speakers is quite intuitive and easy to achieve.
- Get two or more speakers from the same brand/manufacturer (preferably, the same model from the same brand); different models from the same brand can still work, anyway.
- Power the speakers and pair them with your Windows PC. Some people may find it difficult to open their PC Bluetooth in order to pair their speaker; thus, below is how to activate Bluetooth pairing on Windows computers.
- Depending on your computer’s Windows version, how to quickly access Bluetooth settings may differ. Nevertheless, you can hold down the “Windows Key” on your keyboard and press the “F” button/key (still holding down the Windows button/key) to launch windows find/search action.
- Type in Bluetooth in the search space and press “enter” on your keyboard; filter the displayed results by selecting settings, then, click on “Add Bluetooth device.”
- Now, click on “Add a device” and search for your Bluetooth speakers (Note: the Bluetooth speakers must be powered on before your PC will detect them).
- Press the Bluetooth button on your speaker to pair it up with your computer; follow the on-screen prompts to finish up the paring process.
- You have to pair the speaker one after another; so, after you have paired the first speaker, the second one will follow the same procedure.
- It’s time to connect the speakers together. One of the ways to achieve this action is by using the manufacturer’s app; most manufacturers have mobile apps that allow you to configure various parameters/settings of your Bluetooth speaker. In most speaker apps, you will find the option to connect multiple speakers; usually, this option is labeled “multiple outlets;″ it can be labeled any other option anyway. Carefully look out for this settings option and connect the speakers.
- Relaunch the windows search function, and type “audio” in the search bar, then press the “enter” key on the keyboard. When the results display, filter the results by click on the “settings” option, then, click on “manage audio devices.”
- Select the paired Bluetooth speakers and set them as “default.” In case you don’t see your speakers, toggle to the “Recording” tab which is next to the current tab you’re viewing, right-click on any open space and activate “show disabled devices” and “show disconnected devices.”
- Right-click on your detected speaker device, click on configurations and set your speaker to use Stereo mix instead of Mono mix; however, the speakers are typically on Stereo mix by default. Continue clicking next until you successfully configure the Bluetooth speakers individually. Even, there is a test feature that lets you listen to a sample sound played back on the speakers.
- After setting up the first speaker, toggle to the “recording” tab right-click on the second Bluetooth speaker and click on properties, toggle to the “listen” tab, go to “Playback through this device” and select the second speaker (which is not the one you set as default).
- Click ok to save and close all the active dialogue boxes
- Then restart your PC
After your PC boots up, you will hear sounds from both connected/paired Bluetooth speakers. This works for Windows desktop and laptop computers. For MacBook users, follow our guide below.
Connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to MacBook
If you are using a MacBook, here is how to pair up your Bluetooth speakers and get them to playback sounds from your MacBook.
Just like in Windows set up, firstly, you need to pair the speakers with your MacBook; below is how to do it;
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Steps to Connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to MacBook
- Power the Bluetooth speakers
Make sure they can be discovered
- On your MacBook
Go to “System Preferences.” This menu can be accessed by clicking to the “Apple” logo which is at the top-left corner of your MacBook, look out for the “Bluetooth” option, double-click to open and enable Bluetooth. You can as well turn on the discovery.
- Now, click on the “+” button to add a new device
This will search for active Bluetooth devices and display them to you. Select your speakers and pair them up with your MacBook.
- Launch “finder” on your Mac
(the first icon on dock) and click on the Go menu option at the top of the screen.
- Further click on the “Utilities” options, and double-click on “Audio MIDI Setup.”
This will launch the ″Audio Devices” dialogue box, now, click on the “+” button to launch another menu.
“Create a Multi-Output Device.”
- You’ll see a list
Of all the speaker devices connected to your MacBook on the right panel.
- Check the boxes beside each of your Bluetooth speakers to select them
Unlike in Windows, you do not need to configure the speakers individually; any speaker you check will play sounds from your MacBook.
- Since you created a multi-output device
You can name the output device any name you want like ″My Bluetooth Speakers″or any name at all.
- Make the selected speakers
Your default audio output devices and configure mac to route audio through them;
- Go to System Preferences
Click on “sound,” toggle to the “output” tab and click on the name you used to save your speakers as Multi-Output Device and make them default.
Following the procedures we have provided above, you can be able to connect your Bluetooth speakers to your PC. The two tutorials are for Windows and Mac respectively.
Also, for this to work, you need to have two Bluetooth speakers from the same manufacturer; they may be the same model or not the same model, but, they have to be from the same manufacturer.
Unfortunately, there is quite no other way to connect your Bluetooth speakers to PC if not by these methods we have just shared.
However, there are 2.1 sound systems that connect to your computer via Bluetooth; it is very easy to set up this type of speakers without following any due process.
This tutorial is for people who two portable Bluetooth speakers and wish to use them as default speakers for playing back sounds from their PC.
The best portable Bluetooth speakers to use on PC and Mac
1. OontZ Angle 3 Enhanced Stereo Splashproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
This is one of the best portable Bluetooth speakers you can get at this moment. It is sturdy, reproduces your sounds in clear, crisp, well-detailed output accompanied by great bass. You will enjoy a fantastic sound output from this speaker.
Plus, you can get two of them and pair them up with your Mac to act as your default speakers so that you can listen to the playbacks on your Mac in impressive outputs.
The OontZ Angle 3 is water-resistant and lasts for quite a very long time after each full charge.
- IPX5 SplashProof and Rainproof coating
- 2500mAh rechargeable battery; lasts up to 14 hours after full charge
- Bluetooth 4.2 technology
- connection range
- Different color options
- Great sound and bass output
2. Anker Soundcore Bluetooth speaker
The Anker Soundcore Bluetooth speaker is a beastie portable wireless speaker you can use with PC, smartphones, and other devices. It stays connected even up to 66ft. distance and the battery last for almost 24 hours (one whole day).
Two of these speakers can be bought to act as the default speaker for playing back sounds from your PC or MacBook.
This speaker device delivers a stunningly clear sound with zero distortion through its dual high-sensitivity drivers coupled with a patented bass port.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- connection range
- Long-lasting battery; up to 24 hours uptime after full charge
- IPX5 waterproof coating
- Portable design
3. Black JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Portable Stereo Speaker
Get the JBL mobile app and connect multiple JBL speakers to playback sounds at the same time from your computer or smartphone.
It comes with a rechargeable 3000mah battery built-in, and there are different colors of the speaker available.
Also, this speaker is designed with Ipx7 waterproof technology; the speaker can survive inside water for quite a long time. A lot of people love this speaker because you can connect more than 50 of this speaker model via the app.
- Bluetooth 4.2 technology
- 3000mah rechargeable battery; up to 12 hours uptime after full charge
- IPX7 waterproof coating
- Portable design
- Bass radiator
Here is another great portable speaker you can get for the purpose of using multiple Bluetooth speakers with your PC. It is a top-quality portable speaker that is available in different colors.
The Bose Soundlinkmakes use of Bluetooth 4.2 technology and play for up to 8 hours after a full charge. It is possible to connect multiples of this speaker from Bose and pair them with your computer.
- Bluetooth 4.2 technology
- Up to 8 hours uptime after full charge
- Portable design
- Water-resistant design
Sponsored Posts: We can publish your Sponsored posts, which can include press releases, advertorials, videos, articles, interviews or any other kind of article related to what we write on this site. CLICK HERE TO GET THE DETAILS